Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

WHOA! Yet another "OH MY GOSH - I HAVEN'T POSTED IN MONTHS!" post. I'll just attribute the long break to my wonderful mothering skills of playing with my children instead of on my computer!

Today is the first REAL day of summer vacation. Sarah's first REAL summer vacation. Although she is 5 and has spent summers off, this is the first school day when she doesn't have to go! As I'm writing this, she is still sleeping and hasn't even realized she isn't at school on a Monday! May I also add that this sleeping in is making me very aware of how time flies and sooner or later she'll be sleeping till noon as "those teenagers" do! Yikes!

Sarah finished out her Kindergarten year on a very high note! Although she is shy and was new to the area when she started school, she adjusted to her surroundings and is really opening up. She even had a friend sleep over on the last day of school!


Other highlights of her kindergarten year include having her first "crush" on a boy (that Matt Jarret is soooo cute), realizing that her favorite class is Gym, learned to ride a two wheeler, and READING! - and at a 1.8 level at that! Translation: she is reading at the level of an average reader in the eighth month of first grade! I couldn't be more proud!

And so our summer begins. I asked Sarah what she'd like to do this summer, and she gave me a list of things. Number one on her list is to visit "Methis Kiddie Park," actually it's "Memphis Kiddie Park," but I got the idea. We'll definitely check it out. Other things on our list include a first time trip to Kalahari, T-Ball, piano, going for bike rides, letterboxing, camping in Indiana with none other than Matt Jarret!, tea parties with her new tea set, swimming and more swimming at Meme's pool!









I'm sure it'll be a great summer!










Last day of school - pictures with the bus stop buddies!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of her too! Sarah is just the most precious little thing! I can't wait to have tea with her this summer! Come on over... the pool is waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo right, time does fly by ! It's hard to believe that Sarah has actually FINISHED kindergarten ! I'm sure that your summer will be a fantastic one --- you Walton's know how to have fun no matter where you are and no matter what you're doing ! You're the cutest little family :) !
    COngrats to Sarah...and I'm not surprised by her reading ability ! She is an amazing little girl !!!

    ReplyDelete