Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011


Wahoo! You have been begging for an updated bedroom. Although you loved the rose wall to wall wallpaper, it was time for something that you helped create. We decided first on a bedspread for the NEW bunkbeds that Papa built for you. You insisted on having black because "that's what teenagers like!" We compromised on black, white, and pink. Unfortunately, I haven't yet taken just a bed picture.

Here is your happy face!


We ordered vinyl phrases to stick on the wall. Daddy and I love them! They are so easy to put up, and when you grow up and don't want them, they peel right off!

You also wanted me to paint a unicorn, dogs, and smiley faces on the walls. We decided to compromise yet again and put up chalkboard paint so that you could draw anything your heart desires. As a budding artist, I thought it would be fun to make them framed chalkboard sections so that you can draw within the frames. Daddy did a great job making and installing the frames. Sarah and Molly did all the painting themselves!

The white walls looked a little bland to me, so we painted just one wall hot pink.

Everything turned out beautifully! Even Bailey enjoys spending time in your new room!


4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your new room Sarah Rose! It is just like a teenagers room~ you are right about that!! Are you a teenager? Where did the time go, I thought you were just going to be 6 years old? I love you crazy girl! And your little dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful room Sarah Rose ! It's a beautiful place to dream, and create on your awesome chalk boards ! A PERFECT room for you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool room Sarah! I <3 the black/white/pink combo! It's one of my favorite color combinations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is AMAZING, Sarah!! You and your sister are so crafty! CAn't wait to see it up close on your birthday! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete