Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010

I had the greatest morning today! As I woke up from a Nyquil induced slumber at 6 a.m. this morning - still feeling rough from coughing all night long, you, my sweet Sarah Rose, cheerfully rolled over (yes, you somehow sneak into my bed EVERY night) and said, "Good Morning, Mom!" I smiled and got out of bed. When I came out of the bathroom from brushing my teeth, you were there, standing in an over sized running t-shirt that you won at a race last summer, holding your new snuggle backpack buddy, smiling. You said, "I'm gonna watch you get ready for school today, mom. I like the outfit you picked out today!" You followed me around as I scurried to get ready upstairs, commenting on each article of clothing I put on. "Those a pretty shoes, mommy. I really like your hair today!" When I finished getting dressed, I suggested that you go back to bed and watch cartoons, but you clearly stated that you wanted to come downstairs and watch me fill my coffee cup and pack the car. I walked downstairs holding your little hand, all while smiling :)

Thank you for making a typically dreadful morning routine, anything but routine today! You made my day! I just love you!!

1 comment: