Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 25, 2010

And so it begins...you are off to Kindergarten! Yesterday we went to school to meet your teacher, do some fun assessments, and see the school. Before we left, I gave you a gift that Daddy made for you. It is very hard for him to be away from you on this special day and he wanted to make sure that you knew he was always with you. Just this past weekend when he was home, your flip flops broke. Daddy came up with a great plan to use a washer to hold the flip flop together. You also helped him build a cart to take the garbage cans out using wood and chains over the weekend. So, it only seemed fitting that he make you a gift using a washer and a chain. He carved "I love you" into it and hooked it to the chain using what you called "an S hook!" He hooked it to your bookbag and kissed it before he left on Sunday to go back to New York. As we prepared to leave, I told you that Daddy is thinking about you and that he made you a present. When I gave it to you, you got tears in your eyes as you read the words. You have the greatest daddy ever!
Here you are showing off your pretty outfit that you picked out for school. Notice the homemade bow headband...thats a clip hooked to a headband...you're very own creation!

My excited Kindergartener!

Meme came over to take pictures and see us off. I can't believe you are going to school already!
We talked about The Kissing Hand. I drew a heart on your hand and gave you a kiss to hold all day long. This way, if you were missing me you could look at your hand and know that I am thinking of you always!

A twist in the story...you gave me a kiss to hold too! I think Mommy is having a harder time than you are with this new adventure!

Even your sister got in on the love!

Cayden too!

Don't forget Meme! She just loves you so much :)

1 comment:

  1. I know Sarah will keep her sweetness even though she is out in the big world!! You both are wonderful parents!! Good job getting her ready to face the new challenge of being independent of you for the school day...

    ReplyDelete