Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's a GIRL!


April 2005
My baby is a girl! I can't believe after these weeks of waiting, I know that this baby inside of me is a little baby girl! I didn't think that I cared either way, if you were a boy, or a girl, but when the doctor said "It's a Girl!" my heart jumped out of my chest! Daddy and I raced home to tell everyone we knew! We shared your picture with anyone who would look. We debated on names - and this is the reason for this entry. Baby Girl Walton. That just won't do. You need a name. You need a personality. I can't fathom calling you "it" for the remainder of the pregnancy, or HER for that matter. Here are some names Daddy and I are considering...
Hadley, Addison, Madison, Hilary, Jacqueline.
As the weeks go by, I decide that those names just aren't right. Hadley was definitely the runner up, but we needed a common name - people today are trying so hard to be original. I don't want to compete to have the coolest name. I want my baby girl to have a traditional name, one that has stood the test of time. One that would be original when you went to school since all the other kids will be Apple or Addy, I want you to be ____. Not ____ W. I was always Beckie L. because there were other Becky's in school. Not my baby. Your name will be different, yet so so special. Which brings me to my Grandma. My favorite person in the whole world. I know that she never wanted anyone to name their kids after her...Gertrude is just not a good name to live with (she always said). But she and I always exchanged roses during special times in our lives, so Rose will have to be a part of your name. I need something that will sound perfect with Rose. Not any of the names on my previous list. How about Sarah? Sara? Don and I debated and debated. Finally it was decided that Sarah was perfect. Not very common, however traditional and strong. Sarah means Princess. And what after all are you? My PRINCESS! So here's to you, my darling. Sarah Rose. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment