Saturday, December 26, 2009

November 12, 2006

Right now Daddy is watching the Browns play, you are napping and I'm breathing a sigh of relief (Not because you are sleeping!). On Thursday morning you threw up and were coughing really badly. I called work to say I was taking you to the doctor. Of course, your doctor was out of town, so we went to the on-call doctor, Dr. Littman. She was very nervous about your cough. She also checked your ears, but when she went to check your right ear, she barely stuck the tool in and blood came pouring out. I started freaking out! You were screaming! She deducted that you had a walking pnemonia and possibly ear infections, but she couldn't see. She gave you a strong prescription and instructed me to watch you very closely for the next few days. We went home and I just cried. You wanted to just sit and snuggle. I felt so bad because I had debated taking you to the doctor in the first place. I usually like to wait things out and see how it goes. If I hadn't taken you to the doctor, you could've gotten even worse!
So, the last few days have been very scary for me. You've hardly eaten anything, which is so unlike you - you're usually a great eater! I have been so worried that you will get dehydrated or worse. You've been sleeping a lot, but as the weekend wore on, you've gotten back to doing some of your normal behaviors. So, when I said that I was relieved it was because you are on the road to recovery. THANK GOD!

I love you so much and I hope that I always take the best care of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment