Thursday, December 24, 2009

March 30, 2006 (6 months old)




My darling baby girl,
As I write this, you are fast asleep in your yellow room and big girl crib. I am listening to your Celine Dion CD and your little breath through the monitor. I am so in love with you. I wanted to write this letter to you so that when you are grown you will understand the depth of my love. People always say how much you love your children, but I never imagined that I would love you this much. Sometimes I just sit and cry thinking about how in love with you I am. I am constantly worrying and wishing for you. Your Daddy thinks I worry too much and that I am crazy! But we both just want you to have a wonderful life! I want so badly for you to be happy, healthy, spiritual, strong, and most importantly, successful in all of your endeavors. I want you to know values of determination, dedication, perseverance, and self-worth! I also want you to always try your best, but to know that it is not always about winning (Don't tell Daddy I said that!). Feel good about things you do and you will always come out a winnder. Sarah, at this point in time, I want to make it known that there is absolutely nothing you could ever do to make me love you less or to disappoint me. I'm sure you will do things that will hurt or upset me, but someday I'll tell you about things I've done to my mom and you'll see that it's all a part of growing up.
I want you to understand the word respect and I want for you to always treat others with respect. Know that inside, everyone is the same - meaning things that hurt you and me, probably also hurt young children, grandpas, teenagers, dogs, white people, black people, EVERYONE. Feelings are hurt easily and I hope that you grow up to be better than I am about hurting others feelings. I also hope that you get a strong character like you Daddy, as opposed to mine, which is so very weak. I am so easily hurt that I play the tough guy and refuse to let people in. For that reason, I don't have many friends, and that is no way to live. Life is getting hurt and screwing up, and then learning from those experiences! I just can't wait to share experiences with you. I love you so much my Sarah Rose.


I always will...

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment