Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 24, 2009 (4 Years Old)

Okay. So. I just spent the last three days transfering my original notebook of entries onto this blog. Today is my first REAL entry online! I'm feeling very confident in the fact that I will be able to more accurately enter information and more often as well! I should be able to log on at work during breaks, at Meme's house, and at home when I get the chance! It was so refreshing to read back over what I had already written. It is amazing to see how far you've come!

Yesterday was your 4th Christmas. We had our elf on the shelf, Abby since the day after Thanksgiving. You were very fond of Abby this year. Often, before bed, you'd tell Abby to hide low in the morning if it would be okay for you to hold her. Sometimes you'd wake up and she would be low, other times, she'd be out of your reach. When she was low enough for you to hold, you were so delicate with her. You attached a bell to her hat and made her a little bed with a pillow. You even had her sister, Alice the elf (from Meme's house) sleep over one night! They were sisters!

Snip and Snap came and took Abby back to the North Pole. You cried and cried that night. You kept saying to me that you want to be an elf so you can play with Abby and Alice forever. I was so proud of you for setting Abby down and going to sleep so soundly, knowing that when you woke up, your new friend would be gone. You are doing such mature things.

Snip and Snap left you and Molly new hamsters! Although you already have Whiskers, you now have two princess hamsters, Trixie and Lulu.
Christmas Eve we went to Grandma's. She got you nice jammers, a sleepover backpack, legos, and lots of other neat gifts. Aunt Amy got you ballet things!
On Christmas morning, you woke up to open tons of gifts! You got lots of Barbies, cleaning suppplies - you love to clean!, the movie UP, your very own make up, and lots of crafty presents! Then, when we went to Meme's, you got even more! You got a huge barbie mansion that Meme and I wallpapered just for you! You also got a princess tent and lots of cool crafts!


Now for an update on what you've been up to! You are in preschool still at Best Beginnings - you love going to school! You have a boyfriend named Henry and good friends named Tessa and Molly. You go to Music in Motion two days a week with Meme and just take the lead. You have a word wall at home and you can read almost all of the Kindergarten words that my first graders needed to know when they came to first grade!

You love to sing! You've learned all the words to popular songs on the radio! You love Taylor Swift and Miley Cirus. You've seen Wicked and Mary Poppins at the Theater with Meme and know all the words to those songs as well! You love to "JAM OUT!" in the car with me.

Once in a while I see that crazy attitude pop out. You get nasty and say things like, "FINE!" when I ask you to do things. You say "I don't want to talk right now" when you are angry at someone who is talking to you. But, we have a secret. Just you and me. When that mean and nasty Sarah tries to take over and I can't find my little Rosebud, I look deep in your eyes. No matter how angry or upset you are, I can ALWAYS make that sweet Sarah Rose smile and laugh. I love that about us!

Most of the time, Sarah, you are the sweetest little angel. You love living things - you'd have a million pets if I'd let you. You already have two fish, Swimmy and Spotty (Sucky died early on), your three hampsters, and of course, Bronson!


Over the summer, you had frogs, toads, catepillers, moths, ladybugs, lighting bugs, and even an preying mantis! You often say you want to be a vet when you grow up to take care of all animals. You really want a little puppy of your own - a girl puppy you can hold and put bows in her hair! You'd love an OO-Chi-Wow-Wow!




Your heart makes me sing. We often talk about GG (my grandma, Gert). We talk about things I used to do with her, things you do that remind me of her, things that made her so special, and things that I see in you that I am confident that she is instilling in you. I know that she is your guardian angel. I feel her all around you. You are the most loving person I've ever met, and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I just hope you keep your promise to come and visit me when you're a "big mommy with a prince of your own and lots and lots of babies!"

2 comments:

  1. This is going to make a great book!! I loved looking back at all the stories of Sarah! She is an angel!!

    ReplyDelete